Earlier this week while I was washing dishes I started thinking about death, and my life, and wondering if there is anything in my life I need to resolve before I pass on. I don’t want ANYTHING to ruin my chance to pass through Heaven’s Gates. Is there hidden bitterness or hatred toward someone we haven’t let ourselves think about? Do we have jealousy? Paul says in 2 Corinthians 13:5 “Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?”
Do we sometimes refuse to accept the fact that we might have a problem with someone or something because that would mean we would have to face that problem and work it out till it’s resolved?
Maybe we don’t have hidden bitterness, hatred, or jealousy…maybe we are slipping a little and pushing God to the side and slowly other things become more important in our lives. Is your Spiritual life getting too comfortable? You may have morning devotions and a prayer for yourself, your friends, and family, as well as your day, and then read your Bible before bed. And that’s great! But let’s not get too casual.
Revelations 3:15, 16 say “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”
We don’t want the Lord to spit us out of His mouth now do we?! It’s time to be on fire for the Lord. To make sure our lives are totally right with Him and we try to get as many people saved as we can before it’s our time to go Home.
Revelations also says, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” So I ask, and I hope you all will too, that God will touch my heart…and if there’s anything that I need to make right with God before I go, I pray He will show me and I make it right as soon as possible! I don’t want ANYTHING to get in the way of me meeting my Savior. I don’t want to play games with God anymore… I want to make sure I’m in the right in every aspect of my life!
I’m not preaching to anyone, so I hope you don’t feel that way. I just felt this heavy on my heart and had to share. Why not with my great Blogging friends?! :-) I hope you all have a GREAT day!
Do we sometimes refuse to accept the fact that we might have a problem with someone or something because that would mean we would have to face that problem and work it out till it’s resolved?
Maybe we don’t have hidden bitterness, hatred, or jealousy…maybe we are slipping a little and pushing God to the side and slowly other things become more important in our lives. Is your Spiritual life getting too comfortable? You may have morning devotions and a prayer for yourself, your friends, and family, as well as your day, and then read your Bible before bed. And that’s great! But let’s not get too casual.
Revelations 3:15, 16 say “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”
We don’t want the Lord to spit us out of His mouth now do we?! It’s time to be on fire for the Lord. To make sure our lives are totally right with Him and we try to get as many people saved as we can before it’s our time to go Home.
Revelations also says, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” So I ask, and I hope you all will too, that God will touch my heart…and if there’s anything that I need to make right with God before I go, I pray He will show me and I make it right as soon as possible! I don’t want ANYTHING to get in the way of me meeting my Savior. I don’t want to play games with God anymore… I want to make sure I’m in the right in every aspect of my life!
I’m not preaching to anyone, so I hope you don’t feel that way. I just felt this heavy on my heart and had to share. Why not with my great Blogging friends?! :-) I hope you all have a GREAT day!






4 people shared some ♥♥♥:
Thats some seriously heavy stuff to think about while doing the dishes.
I like what you said and you gave me some things to think about.
Hey Grace
Great thoughts. It really gets you to thinking. There are times when I ask myself the question, "It the Lord was to come tonight would I be ready." Just one thing could keep us out of heaven. Lord help us all to search our hearts.
Love you girl
Very, very good, Grace. I needed that! I'll re-read it later when I can ponder and pray over it without little hands hammering who-knows-what in the next room. ;-)
Amen! Good sermon, girlie!
Seriously, part of my daily prayer is Psalm 51:10, "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me" and Psalm 139:23, 24: "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." We can't trust our own "heart" to inform us of what's truly inside, for the Scripture declares, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jer. 17:9). Only God knows what's truly in our hearts. I want the spotlight of the Lord to search me completely and cleanse me of anything displeasing to the Lord; any action, any feeling, any intention, any thought--may they all be pure before the Lord. Finally (in this sermon), "Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer" (Psa. 19:12-14). Amen!
Post a Comment