Before I say anything, I would like to tell you that Youth Convention was really good! I really enjoyed the services. I just love to be in the presence of the Lord! It is such an amazing feeling! We had 93 attend so that was cool. The only thing I kick myself for is that our battery was dead in our camera so I took NO pictures. I feel like such a dope. Sorry guys! I’ll make sure to buy batteries and have them ready BEFORE traveling!
We traveled with Angie Bambrough so I got to ride in a convertible there and back. :-) It was FUN!!! I’m a little pink, but oh well. :-) It was a blast!
Now, about my job… I got up at 4:30 a.m. Monday morning and took a shower and got ready for my job. I ran downstairs and grabbed some toast, hugged my Mom, and went out the door. I almost cried actually. I was leaving my Mom and the rest of the kids and working a job on my own. But by the time I got to the coffee house I was over it because we got busy making sure everything was ready so we could open on time. Since I only had 6 hours of training before heading to Youth Convention I had to follow Tracy around and she taught me the ropes. I caught on pretty quick and was able to make the coffees just by looking at the recipe sheets on the cupboard doors. I’m also working the cash register sometimes so I get to work on my math. Fun stuff, huh? It seemed like a lot of the time Tracy and I were wiping down clean counters. So we would try out recipes to see if we were doing them right. I think I had about 3 different coffee drinks on Monday…at least.
Tuesday, which was yesterday, was a lot slower and Tracy and I started to get bored. We had NOTHING to do because we had already done everything! So we sat on the fancy leather couches and got to know each other better. She told me she is a mother of 5 and is going through a divorce which is why she has to get a job. If she had her way she would definitely be home with her kids and just enjoy being a mom. I let her know that I won’t be working there very long because I know I want to be a mom, so whenever I get married I’ll ditch the job and follow the calling God has placed on my heart. :-) Honestly, I think I will quit before I get married, but we’ll see.
I enjoy making coffee. I enjoy being with Tracy and talking about the blessings God gives us everyday. I enjoy helping people. But…I don’t enjoy John. :-P He professes to be a Christian, yet his attitude says otherwise. AND because he doesn’t have a sign by the street he doesn’t get a whole lot of customers so I have a feeling this business will go under before he even has a chance to get real business. Because he has to pay his employees, the coffees, syrups, etc. So…we’ll see… I’ll let you know how it goes. :-)
ALSO, Paul had his check-up yesterday and got his stitches taken out. He did have an aneurism for sure. They took it to the lab I guess. The doctor said Paul was the first case he ever heard of having an aneurism there, so they’re going to write about his case in their medical journals…right Paul? :-P Did I get that right?
Well, this post is definitely long enough! I’m not even sure you’ll want to read the whole thing! Sorry guys. I’ll get back to your e-mails as soon as I can! We’ve had problems with our computer which is why you’re JUST NOW hearing from me! I love you guys!
4.25.2007
I'm back!
Written by: Grace & Co at 8:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 people shared some ♥♥♥:
I heard about your close call on the way home from Convention. THANK GOD for protecting you guys! God is SO GOOD!
so glad you're home safe and sound.
i bet your smiling face wakes up your sleepy morning customers just as much as the coffee!
ah. i remember the days of 4 am wakeups from Burger King. Just wait.. just about the time your body gets used to it, your shift will change or you will get another job.
hmm.. married, eh? anything your dearest sisterchick should know about?
For some reason Blogger won't let Paul comment, so he wanted me to tell you this...
"Yes you got it right Grace! =)
And I just want to say thank you to all those that were praying for me, I love and appreciate you all. =)
I feel grand! I got the stitches out and it hasn't been bothering me, just a little itchy. It's pretty interesting, the doctor told me that he had never seen an aneurism like this before, in the place that it was! And that it was new, he had never even heard of such a thing! =P like Grace said, he said they might put it in the medical journals! Ha! I'll be published! ha ha..kinda. =P But anyways...yeah..pretty interesting. and like I said I'm doing great. All I had were some pretty bad headaches the first day, and then some soreness. But I'm good now. Like I said thanks for the prayers! I love you guys!
Paul"
Yes! God truly kept His hand on us all the way home because we were nearly in an accident 3 times! It was scary. The devil knew we were coming back ready to work for the Lord and it's driving him CRAZY I'm sure! :-)
Actually, someone has commented about me seeming bright and cheery even though I was up since 4:30 a.m. I do what I can for other people. :-)
As far as getting married, I have nothing to hide! :-) I'm just finally admitting to the world that I really do want to have a family of my own one day! That's all. :-)
Post a Comment