6.16.2007

No voice

Yesterday was a GREAT day! I think Sara had a really great birthday, and I’m so happy she did! Mom, Sara, and Tommy dropped me off at work at 7:00 in the morning because our car is giving us some trouble and we are not allowed to use it until it goes to the auto shop on Tuesday. Before I got out of the van Tommy whispered, “Make sure you come home with a slushie.” I laughed and said OK, secretly wondering what would happen if I DIDN’T come home with one… :S Just so everyone knows, I cam home with a 32 oz. Peach Smoothie. :)

When Mom picked me up we ran to the bank real quick then went home. On the way Mom informed me that Paul was probably buying a car after work. I was so excited! I asked questions about the car and everything and Mom answered the best she could. When Paul came home, he had a car. I am so happy for him!

Castles-N-Coasters was amazing!!! We all really enjoyed ourselves. We rode the log ride, the roller coaster, the Sea Dragon, bumper cars, bumper boats, go-carts, putt putt golf, the Magic Carpet, etc. Paul, Jacob, and Philip were the only ones that went on the Sky Dive though. Paul tried so hard to get me to go on with him, but I just can’t do it. The last time I went on there I vowed to never go again. Just thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach and my hands shake. Paul is like a little kid on that ride. He swings his legs back and forth anticipating the rush, and then when he’s flying down he screams all the way. When the ride’s over he runs right back in line and does it again. Shaking head. Crazy guy. We all had a lot of fun! Sara DID NOT want to go on the roller coaster, and chickened out quite a few times before I MADE her get on with me! When she was strapped in she got hysterical and decided she didn’t want to do it, she yelled at the guy to stop the ride, she wanted off, but it was too late. We were already going and there was no turning back. I thought for sure she was going to pass out because she was breathing too fast and her eyes were darting back and forth, like maybe she would actually jump off the side. HA! I said, “Sara, relax! Here, I’ll sing to calm your nerves: Kum bi yah my Lo-“ “Shut up Grace!” she yelled at me! Ha ha! I stopped singing and just let her close her eyes through the ride. After the ride she decided she liked it and did it a second time before leaving. :)

After such an amazing night, I don’t have much of a voice left. I did a lot of “screaming”…or weird yelling. Whatever you pick!

I go to work tonight, but this might be my last time. There was a message for me on the answering machine from John saying he wanted to go over next week’s schedule “which unfortunately did not have any hours for me.” So we’ll see if he’s gently letting me go.

Well, have a GREAT day everyone!!!

2 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Kasey said...

Glad you had a great time!!! :)

Grace & Co said...

I didn't realize how TASTY a peach smoothie is! WOW! I thought it was very, very yummy!

You guys are crazy! The sky dive thing is SO scary to me!

I'm glad we had a great time too! :)