6.07.2007

The workin’ girl is back and kickin’!

After nearly a week of no work I went back yesterday and today. Due to construction John had to cut our hours last week, so I’ve been veggin’! But now I’m going back to work. Well, I work this Saturday. Then I don’t work till next Friday. Sigh. Please pray for me! Yesterday I was going to give my two weeks notice because I know John needs to cut everyone’s hours because he can’t afford us (ha ha!), but I need some money coming in regularly so I can pay bills. Well, yesterday there were customers that were SO happy to see me because they thought I quit and told me I better not quit because they liked me and like me making their coffee. Sigh. So…I didn’t tell John yet. :-S I don’t know what to do now.

Yesterday was Paul’s first day at work! WOO! He’s working with my Dad at PentaCor for the time being. He said it went really well, he just got something in his eye that was really irritating him. The poor guy. :-( My Dad drugged him “wondering if he might be having allergies since there was so much wind yesterday.” Or so he says! But is that the REAL reason??? ;-) I haven’t seen Paul today so I don’t know how he’s doing.

Mom got an Edible Arrangement instead of cake for her Birthday. I thought about making her a cake, but I didn’t think that would be a good idea because she’s been talking about her being only a few pounds away from her goal and I know how much she LOVES cake and she would probably gain…so she got fruit! :-) Some were even dipped in chocolate! We splurged and had Papa Murphy’s pizza for dinner so she wouldn’t have to cook either. I hope you had a great day Mom! Rumor has it she’s getting her chocolate cake tonight at Claim Jumper’s with my Dad so don’t worry. :-) She’s taken care of!

Well, I need to get going. I have laundry to get done and I need to study for VLB service! Have a great day!

5 people shared some ♥♥♥:

wemmies said...

Quit the job.. those customers wont pay your bills. LOL!

Sometimes allergies can feel like you have something in your eye.. if it doesn't go away it could be something though. Try Visine Allergy.

Is there an IBEW near you. They will put him to work and through 4 years of school right away. Then he will make big bucks. ;) Now is a good time to look before school season rolls around.

We LOVE Papa Murphy's! I love the Delite pizzas! They are so good.
Happy Birthday Grace's Mom! ;)

UGH! Why did you say laundry? *sniff sniff*

Grace & Co said...

I know I'm gonna have to. After working tomorrow, I don't work again until NEXT Friday! So I need to give John my two weeks notice and then look for a job when I get back from Family Camp. Sigh.

His eye was still kinda red when he got home from work yesterday. He said he could still kinda feel something in there... We don't know what's going on!

The Carpenter's Apprenticeship sounds like it's kinda like IBEW, they'll put him to work while he's learning... The only thing is, you have to wait your turn because your name's on a list. :-S

I know... Stinkin' laundry! I didn't do it yesterday like I planned...but I can't put it off today. It NEEDS to be done!

Momma Tammi said...

Did Paul try rinsing his eye with water or imitation tears? He needs to irrigate his eye rather than rubbing it because if there is something in there, he could scratch his cornea or pupil. I really hope by this point, whatever has been irritating his eye has been removed, but just in case, thought that I would mention irrigation.

wemmies said...

Yeah.. the IBEW doesn't have a waiting list. :)

Off to do MORE laundry! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! It never ends!

Kasey said...

HEEEY Grace and Happy Birthday Sister Gerri! I like that name by the way. :) Hopefully Pauls eye is better, I am getting some irritation with my tooth this morning and it hurts. :( I need to do laundry too. I have a lack of motivation for two people, imagine when I have kids. WHOA. I will be really bad.