9.17.2007

I found “the one”

Yesterday Mom, Sara, Megan, and I went to David’s Bridal. The lady gave me a catalog of dresses to look through and I picked out the ones I wanted to try on. After that they had me pick out what shoes I wanted to wear. I found some red sandals I liked and then it was time to go into the dressing room to put on the undergarments for the dress. I don’t know how many boys read my Blog so I won’t go into detail, but if you girls want to hear how my first experience was give me a call and I’ll gladly tell you all about it! It was pretty funny if I do say so myself!

There is no modesty when it comes to trying on wedding dresses that’s for sure! And it sure felt weird having some woman I’ve never met help me change! But it didn’t take long for me to feel comfortable with my new surroundings. The lady helped me into the first dress and I went and stood on the stand in front of all the mirrors and I was so shocked. Was that ME in that beautiful dress? It was amazing. Not the dress per say, because it was too big, too lacey, and just not for me. But the fact that it was a wedding dress! You see, I made myself never try on a wedding dress even though I had perfect opportunity to again and again. I wanted my first try to be because I was really getting married to the man on my dreams. That may be ridiculous to some, but it made it so special for me!

I told the lady I probably wore a size 7 or 8, but after trying on the first dress the lady went off to find a different dress. Except this time it was a size 4! Can you believe that?! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would EVER fit into a size 4, but God works in mysterious ways! :) I tried on a couple more dresses that had lace. I thought I wanted lace, but after trying on the dresses I did I realized I didn’t want it.

Then the lady helped me into “the one.” I cannot even begin to describe just how beautiful this dress is! After I tried it on the lady found a tiara and veil so when I went to stand in the mirrors I was almost complete (I kicked off those stinkin’ shoes after the first try on of dresses!). My Mom teared up. I teared up! It is so beautiful. It was the first time I ever felt like a princess, and I’ve gotta say…I kinda liked it. :)

I want you all to wait until my wedding day to see this dress. It will be worth it! Plus I don’t want to go into detail just in case Paul reads. <3 I love, love, love this dress! She had me try on other ones, but I know what dress I want! :) The lady agreed with me that it is beautiful and she said I was beautiful.

Now the fun part: Buy the dress through David’s Bridal for $549 or have a copy of the dress made for cheaper? Sigh.

7 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Anonymous said...

Okay...I teared up reading this and I wasnt even there! LOL

Momma Tammi said...

I am so excited for you! I never tried on wedding dresses. I told my aunt what I wanted and she made it by creating her own pattern. She started with a size 10 and by the time she was done...I was in a size 0. That is the one and only time that ever happened!!!!! Isn't being a bride FUN?!

The Middle J said...

You are going to be a GORGEOUS bride... it sounds SO perfect...

Kasey said...

Follow your heart, my dress was around $500, and I don't regret it. I loved my dress, it was as you say THE ONE! it was also the first one I tried on. I LOOVED it!

Grace & Co said...

It was a pretty emotional experience. :)

YES! Being a bride is lots of fun!

Paul and I will pray about what to do...I'll let you all know what we decide.

Thanks you guys!

Rachel said...

Did you read my comment earlier about finding my David's Bridal dress BRAND NEW on ebay for half the price? It's worth a look!

Grace & Co said...

This sounds pathetic...but I don't know how to work eBay! :S I'll try to look around but I really don't know what I'm doing. Ha ha! Thank you for telling me that though!