12.28.2007

Aw man! I blinked!

I can’t believe Christmas is already over. It doesn’t seem right. It went by way too fast! I feel like I just blinked! I need to find some tape to keep my eyes open…

A lot has happened since the last time I blogged, but do you think I can remember everything? No. I can’t. I’ll try my best to fill you in…

On Saturday, December 22, my phone finally decided to die on me. So I have a new/old cell phone thanks to Paulywog! It’s a camera phone so I’ve been going crazy with taking pictures. The kids have too. :) It’s so nice to have a working cell phone again! I don’t have all my phone numbers in yet.

On Sunday, December 23, I put together a little skit with the Children’s Church class. I thought it went well. After service we had a potluck with lots of yummy food! We gave the Clarksons their Christmas presents which they enjoyed. They also made sure to give everyone a Christmas gift too! It was really sweet. I got a yummy smelling candle and some yummy smelling lotion and body wash. Sister Shanda has some great taste! We had a great night together just fellowshipping.

On Monday, December 24, I had to work and it was CRAZY!! Mom pulled into the parking lot and it took me 5 minutes just to get to the actual store! The place was crazy. I was so shocked to see that many people. My family picked me up at 7:00 and we went straight to Grammy and Grandpa’s house. When we got there we played our Christmas games, Secret Santa and Dirty Santa. It was lots of fun! There were a lot of laughs. I came away with some great socks, bubble gum, a novella book called Kiss the Bride, Bunko, and…some other stuff that I can’t remember right now. But it was really great! We all had a lot of fun being together.

Dad told us we had to stay up really late that way we’d sleep in the next morning. I took that opportunity to watch my favorite Christmas movie, It’s A Wonderful Life! Unfortunately I wasn’t able to make it through the whole movie without falling asleep, but the part I did watch I loved!

Tuesday, December 25, we woke up around 6:30 and got to check out what “Mrs. Claus” put in our stockings! It was a lot of fun! I helped the kids hand out the presents and it was a blast watching the kids open them. My brothers, sisters, parents, fiancé, and future in-laws gave me some wonderful things! I love each and every one! I’m going to take a picture of my presents and put it on my Blog…with my camera phone! Hee hee!

We cleaned up the house and ate a yummy breakfast! Hash browns, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy… Sigh. It was SO good!

After breakfast we made sure everything was cleaned up and started getting ready for our Christmas “linner” (lunch/dinner). All the family came over and we enjoyed another yummy meal. After eating, the boys went and played outside listening to the Weird Al Yankovic CD I gave Philip for Christmas. The girls stayed inside playing with tiaras and microphones. It was fun!

We sat down and played Scene It, Pirates of the Caribbean style. :) It was fun! Then we watched the first Pirates of the Caribbean with Grammy before going over to the Clarksons to play games. We played Catch Phrase, and I’d say my favorite part of that one was when I was trying to describe Aladdin! I said, “This is a Disney character that flies on a magic carpet!” My Grandma said, “Oh, Dumbo the elephant!” Needless to say I lost that round because I started laughing so hard I was crying! I thought it was hilarious! I just couldn’t stop laughing. I thought it was funny.

There is so much more that we’ve done but this is a pretty long post. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I know we all did. I’ll try to post again soon! Take care!

3 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had lots of fun!!! I'm so glad.
:)

Grace & Co said...

We had a blast! :-)

Patti with and "I" said...

Hi Gracie, I like your page. I am new at this one so I will be talking to you more when I learn to navigate this. I love you sweetie and I am praying for you.<3