3.03.2009

Home Sweet Home.. ???

Caleb, Mandie, the kids, Daniel, Paul, and I headed home Sunday afternoon. It was a long trip because we all were so tired and ready to just be home and in our own beds. We made it to Kirby and Nancy’s around 4:30 Monday morning. It was kind of a bummer to see all the snow and ice after spending two weeks in a warm somewhat sunny place. Daniel got his things and went in the house and Paul and I followed along since he had to go to the bathroom. When we walked in we found out that the water pipes busted in the laundry room some time while we were gone and the basement was completely flooded with at least 5 inches of water. It was stressful trying to get the water turned off without getting electrocuted.

I think we all finally crashed around 5:30 and Paul and I slept till noon. When we got up I got ready for work and Paul got ready to talk to his teachers and things like that. I went to work at 2:00 and as soon as I walked in to the store I was slammed by my boss for being gone so long and he was very rude to me. After that I have decided I am now done. I’m quitting the dollar store and moving on to something else that I can be proud of. I’m tired of feeling like trailer trash.

I applied at Maurices this morning and I think it went really well. The lady sounded really promising and told me to wait by the phone! I should be getting an interview tomorrow before work.

Nothing says home sweet home like a jerky boss and a flooded basement! =]

Oh, Paul’s and my first anniversary was special. =] The family knew that Papa Horton’s memorial was on our first anniversary so a couple days before they got us a nice room at Red Lion Hotel (where Terra works). The room was so beautiful! There were flower petals all over the floor, the bed, in the tub.. There were bath bubbles and ice cold Coke and Reeses! Yes! It was such a wonderful night. Paul and I went to a nice Mexican restaurant too. Paul and I really loved it and it was so special!!

The memorial was a very sad day.. He was such an amazing man who loved the Lord with all of his heart! It was amazing to see how many lives he touched, and how many lives he was still touching even after he was gone! Pap Horton is a legacy as far as I’m concerned. He was a great man of God.

Well, I guess I better find something to eat before I go to work..

3 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Montgomery's said...

Well Mrs. Gracie,

I hate to admit it, but I was very sick with pregnancy symptoms on your anniversary and was unable to comment or wish you a happy one. I just LOVE being pregnant - NOT!

Anyway, getting past that point in my life, I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful evening with just you and Paul. I'm sorry that you had to deal with a loss during that time.

I hope you find a job that you are truly happy with so you feel like somebody important rather than the trailor trash you refered as. :)

Anonymous said...

praying for you bruiser. i am very proud of you. tell polywog i say hello and God Bless you and keep you both :-)

Tammy K. said...

It sounds like it is time to move on to another job. I think your making the right decision. I am sorry about the pipes. That is a bummer.
How is Paul's job after being gone so long? I hope all is well.
What a nice anniversary. How special.
Bro. Horton will always be remembered. I wish Sam and I could have met him, I feel like we did know him. We were praying for you guys that whole day.