6.25.2009

I think I’m starting to like this day

Even though Thursdays are the busiest day of the week I really enjoy it. For some reason cleaning someone else’s house first thing in the morning makes you feel more motivated to clean and organize your own. So by the time I get back from cleaning Earl’s house I want mine to look just as good. I feel so much better after I clean something. It’s therapeutic. And God knows I need something therapeutic right now!

Yesterday I bought some chocolate brown paint for $5 at Sherwin Williams! It’s enough paint for an accent wall. Now we just need to talk to our landlord and see if she’ll let us do it. We think that if we’re going to live in this apartment for 3 years then we should enjoy it fully! Plus we’ll paint it back whenever we move. We’ll see what she says.

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about how to decorate my living room and I think the chocolate brown paint fixed the problem. I think our living room will look warm and inviting with chocolate browns, blacks, and reds and then keep things retro, like 1950’s kind of stuff with black and white pictures of old movie stars- or Paul’s own artwork since he’s leaning toward the retro look. Oh yes. I like what I see in my mind right now.

Paul is off playing at the lake on his day off so I’ll probably get back to cleaning before I go to work tonight- after I watch some “stories” with Nancy. =]

4 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Sara C. said...

Brown is the color I painted my room. The color is called Sumatra Brown. It does make a room look warm and inviting. The other funny thing is that I have accents of black and red in my room too!!! I also have vintage photos of other countries like England and Paris. My room has a travel theme since that is what I love to do.

Anonymous said...

love you bruiser :-)

Montgomery's said...

Hopefully you can paint your room. If not, then maybe you could paint something you can hang on the wall with that color! Some cheap blocks, square wooden plaques of some sort. All kinds of things you can do if you have an imagination unlike me. hee hee.

Jessa Stephens said...

That sounds like it will turn out REALLY nice!! Hopefully your landlord says YES!! =)