2.19.2007

My company had to leave me

Sister Marcia, Sara, and Aaron headed out yesterday morning for home. *sigh* I’m gonna miss them! We had such a blast with them here! We laughed hard, had real good talks (we’ve been neglecting those for a long time!), ate tons of food, played outside nearly everyday and played hard…we just had a good time. :-)

Saturday was my graduation party! It was a lot of fun! We had it at the Chinese Buffet and I thought it was pretty tasty. They had baby octopus so some of the kids tried it…it looked disgusting! There were quite a few times that I thought I was going to be sick just watching them. I wasn’t brave enough to try it…but maybe next time! :-) Before giving me my diploma, my parents gave me a hammer, a screw driver, and a level. Here’s why:

Hammer –
The hammer is for me to build a good foundation on the solid rock. So when the storms of life come I will stand strong.

1 Timothy 6:19 “Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.”

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.


Screw Driver –
The screw driver is for me to make my life secure in Jesus.

Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

2 Chronicles 15:7 Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.

Level –
The level is to help me set and keep my heart aligned and straight with the “level” of Jesus.

Deuteronomy 11:16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;

Psalms 9:1 I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.

Psalms 19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Psalms 24:4; 5 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation
.

Isn’t that special?! I thought those were great gifts and scriptures! I plan on taking these scriptures and putting them in my room so I can see them daily and be reminded of them. I received lots of WONDERFUL gifts from people on Saturday! I enjoy each and every one of them! Saturday really made me feel special.

I did it! I officially graduated from High School! Now it’s on to bigger and better things! Look out world here I come!!! ....after I help the girls with their schoolwork. :-P Have a great day everyone!

9 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Unknown said...

that's wonderful gracie! i am SO proud of you!

what are your plans now? BTI? NW camp?

Momma Tammi said...

Congrats BG! I think that I can incorporate those gifts and scriptures into wedding gifts...what'd'ya think?

Felicia said...

hey cool u graduated!!that sounds fun. i finally put up a new post! lol so have you talked to paul lately?? i havent. hehe. ttyl
felicia

Pam said...

Congratulations on graduating. I'm very proud of you. May God bless you in your future.

Love you
Pam

Katie said...

Way to go Bruiser....so what plans does the Lord have for you next?

Isaiah said...

Congrats! Sounds like you guys had a good time. I know I'm slow :)

Washington Okie said...

Grace, I'm SO proud of you and for the women of God you have become. We got your announcement on the Friday before and I asked Tammi, "Can we make it to Arizona by tomorrow?" I didn't think we could but it was worth a shot. You use those gifts your parents have given and they will lead you to the correct places for which to build and with whom to build. We love you.

Bro. Ray

Anonymous said...

We miss you all too! Love ya Grace and Shuler family

Anonymous said...

I mean sister not suster. I laugh at me! Ha!