3.25.2007

So much for sunscreen

Luke Days was SO much fun! I had a blast seeing all of the beautiful jets and feel my stomach drop watching them do tricks high up in the air. I loved it! We spent nearly the whole day on the Air Force base with the air shows, touring the big jets and talking to military peoples and asking questions. I remembered to bring the sunscreen…but we forgot to put it on. :-( A lot of us are pretty burnt. I’m so nervous! I’m trusting God will keep us safe and we won’t get skin cancer despite our stupidity.

One of the pilots at the air show was Greg Poe which is a guy that used to fly with my Papa Jerry. We tried more than once to see him and talk to him but he was a busy guy and never around. Watching him fly made me a little emotional. It’s silly really, but watching him reminded me of when Papa would take us up in his planes and do some of those tricks; like flying straight up in the air until the engine dies so you’re falling through the sky! Then eventually he starts up the engine again and we keep flying. It’s crazy! I can’t believe we did that! But they are good memories to have now… I miss those happy carefree moments we used to have.

We had a singspiration at Church today! It was a lot of fun! Anita and I sang “Who Am I” and I think we did really good! Everyone said we did, and I really enjoyed singing it! We both were a little nervous…Anita more than I, but I thought it was exciting to sing together and worship the Lord with such a pretty song.

I’m in a serious organizing mood all of a sudden so I completely redid my closet and under my bed! It looks great! Now I’m off to do something else…

0 people shared some ♥♥♥: