I was able to talk to Sister Nancy after the doctor let her know they were finished and Paul was in recovery. Then I was able to talk to Paul later, but he sounded kinda drugged. :-) OK, the doctor was going in to clamp off the damaged artery with the aneurism then remove it. When they cut open his head to remove that artery, he found that it wasn’t just that artery in there; there were a lot of veins around it. So he not only had to clamp off that one, but all the little veins. So it took longer and was more complicated then expected. So instead of it taking the doctor’s 30-40 minutes, it took about 2 hours. He had to take it slow so that he wouldn’t cause too much bleeding. But it went well! The incision is about an inch and a half long. I also have pictures if anyone would like the see him. :-) He looks like Frankenstein. ;-)
Thank you all for praying for Paul. This morning I didn’t know what to think so I just kept praying that God would keep His hand on him. I got nervous when it took longer than expected, but I kept praying. I’m so thankful he is OK! Thank you, thank you, thank you for praying!
4.18.2007
The surgery
Written by: Grace & Co at 2:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 people shared some ♥♥♥:
Wow. I am glad he is okay. I hope this isn't something that can reoccur.
Glad to hear that the surgery went well. Will be praying for his recovery.
Post a Comment