4.17.2007

Training, tests, an old man, and...well, just read. :-)

Yesterday at the meeting I was able to meet fellow future coworkers and get to know them a little better. I also got to meet John’s wife. John is the head guy by the way. The meeting lasted about 2 ½ hours and we talked nonstop about all kinds of things! John gave me my schedule, and I’ll be working 5:30-2:00 Mon, Tue, Thu, Sat. It’s definitely going to be a culture shock! I need to redo my whole schedule now to make this work…but I look forward to it. :-)

The people I’ll be working with are very nice! I’ll mostly be working with two people right now, Tracy and Justin. Tracy is a mother of four and a very happy lady while Justin reminds me of Benjamin Brown through and through! Training starts this morning at 9:00 and I will be training every morning except Friday because I won’t be here! I’ll be in New Mexico hanging out with my friends! Woo! Not all of my friends…but some of them. :-) So I’ll let you know how training went after I find out myself.

I have to take a test at the Health Department and get a food handler’s permit within 30 days too. Fun. :-S

I also went to Sam’s and was able to help a gentleman in a wheelchair push his cart to his car and unload his groceries for him. He was a nice little old man who had recently broken his hip so he couldn’t do much. He couldn’t get over how nice Sara and I were for helping him willingly! I took that advantage and let him know that’s what God wants us to do; He wants us to love one another and to be caring. I was able to witness to him a little more on other things and he really listened. I felt good! I prayed for him after I left that God would bless him…

There is SO much that happened yesterday but I think only this stuff is Blog worthy. I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT DAY ANITA!!! :-) I’m going to go and do my devotions with Paul now, and then I need to get ready for training. I love you guys!

7 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Vicki Smith said...

Devotions with Paul??? Is he there alreaday?

Vicki Smith said...

Oops. I can't spell. I just got in from a long trip and haven't had any rest yet. (Is that a good enough excuse?)

Grace & Co said...

No he's not here yet. We talk on the phone in the morning and do our devotions together. It's really nice! :) Then when he gets here we'll do them together in person.

Kasey said...

Damon and I did devotions on the phone together too. Good way to start a devotional routine as a dating couple and keep going once you are married. Atleast it was for us ;)

Anonymous said...

I love doing our devotions together in the morning! I've gotten now to where I hate to miss it, I always feel so much better when we do them in the morning. It feels good to draw closer to God together. =)

Pam said...

Congratulations Grace on your job.
I think that is nice also that you and Paul do devotions together.

Love you

Grace & Co said...

I really enjoy doing devotions with Paul. It feels like we're proving we want God first in our relationship. Like Paul, I feel terrible when we have to miss a day! Like today! Since he's in surgery.

Thanks Sister Pam. I think I'm really going to enjoy this job! After I get the hang of it and coffee making comes more natural to me.