9.30.2007

Ramblings

Our youth football night turned out WAY better than I expected it to! We went to the park and ate our “brown bag specials” and then we had our little devotional. We had 5 visitors during the devotional. Then we started playing football! Before I knew it, we had 10 visitors come and play with us! I was so excited! When people heard we were a youth group playing football there at the park they were excited and wanted to join in and have some fun. When people started leaving they yelled out, “See you next Friday!” God is so good when it comes to lifting your spirits. Earlier that week I felt so discouraged because I know that my calling isn’t to be a youth leader. I feel more comfortable with younger kids. I feel like I struggle every month when it comes time to VLB nights, but I keep trying to do my best. On Friday, when I saw our visitors and how excited they were about us being there, I knew that what I was doing was right. This has me excited and I feel like I can keep on leading the youth the best I can, despite not being much of a leader myself. :) It reminds me, again, of the scripture that says trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths! So true! So true! God has obviously placed this opportunity on my lap and I better follow His will! I’ve been talking a lot about going out into the entire world to preach the gospel and I’m finally getting my chance! It’s very exciting for me.

We are having SO much fun with Daniel!! He is so great to have around! I hope he’s having fun too. :P I know the kids just love him, especially Tommy. He’s had us laughing at some of the dumbest things! I know Paul really enjoys having his cousin here. We’re all going to miss him when he goes back home.

I’m going to work today!!! I’m so excited! It will be fun to make coffee drinks again. I just hope and pray that I haven’t forgotten how to make them. Oh snap. I didn’t think about that until just now. But I’m not worried! :) I’m going to have fun today!

Mom and I have talked about money things, and it’s time for me to shop around for a car. As soon as I get to working 40 hours a week I’ll have plenty of money to pay tithes, a car payment, put PLENTY in savings for the wedding, and have some money for me to use for whatever I want. Whatever necessities I need, like toothpaste, hair gel, etc.

Well, I need to get ready for work! I’m kinda tired this morning. I didn’t sleep much last night. I did more tossing and turning than anything I think. Hopefully that won’t hurt my working today. ;) Have a great day today!

-me-

P.S.
I had some GREAT pictures I found on the Internet to go along with the different things I was saying...but it was way too much work. Maybe next time. :)

3 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Momma Tammi said...

Look at being the youth leader as training for whatever else God has in store for you later on down the road and BLOOM WHERE YOU'RE PLANTED. That doesn't mean just where you happen to be living at that moment, it also means to bloom in whatever position you've been appointed to work for the year. God will bless your efforts, just stay focused on Him. Have a great day at work! Love ya...

Kasey said...

Yay for you! It is wonderful when we get in encouragement from the Lord. I love ya and am proud of you, keep doing all you know to do.

Grace & Co said...

Thank you both! It felt SO good to get the encouragement from the Lord! God is so good, isn't He? I'm so happy!