On Sunday I went to Tully’s to check my schedule for the week. They’re supposed to be up every Thursday but they were late so I went in Sunday before church. I wrote down the days I would be working and what time and didn’t think anything of it after that because I THOUGHT I didn’t have to work until Wednesday. Monday morning rolls around…Columbus Day…I sleep in…life is good… It was after 9:00 when I decided to stop being lazy and go take a shower before doing laundry and everything. The phone rang and Sara said it was my manager. Snap. Amanda said, “Didn’t you know you were supposed to come in at 9:00 today?” “What??” I shrieked! I told her that I had come in and wrote everything down on my schedule and I didn’t have to work till Thursday. She let me know that was next week’s schedule…not this week. Sigh. That little bit of information would have been nice. :) I have NEVER been late for work and I felt horrible coming in a half hour late even though it wasn’t my fault. I had to be at work at 3:45 this morning so I made sure I was on time! And you know what? I was the first person there. :)
I have 3 hours to do laundry and clean the house before I go back to work so I better get going. Have a great day! Don’t be late to work!
10.09.2007
Redeeming myself
Written by: Grace & Co at 9:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 people shared some ♥♥♥:
3:45 in the morning wow thats early. if i had to be there that early I would be drinking all of the coffee in the store lol
It seems you found a job. Congratulations!
Just one question...what is this Tully's? I have never heard of it. Is it like a Starbucks? Is it a regional chain?
I find that I have NO appetite for ANYTHING at 3 in the morning. :) Their coffee is great, but doesn't sound great that early. :)
Tully's is just another coffee company that was founded in Seattle, WA around 1965ish. Personally, I think it's better than Starbucks! They're more popular in the northwest region but they're slowly moving little cafes into grocery stores like Albertson's and Fry's around America. Slowly but surely! If you find one try them out!
cool so hey tell me some stuff about your wedding....josh wants to go to it so i think he will get the time off. so you will be seeing him in a brief 5 or 6 months lol.
Does anybody drink coffee at three in the morning? ..never mind, my dad does. that is too early
Tayde
I like the coffee there
it's really good I like the cold one's there
Sara shu
Don't you just love days like that! Within a second that good "happy day" feeling is gone. Hey I love the picture you have on your profile! Will you email me some pictures of you and Paul? I just put new family pictures up and realized I don't have a good one of you two. The only one I have is kind of far away. K bye.
Ha! I can relate. I was only ever late for work ONE TIME. It was the Monday after the Super Bowl--one of those glorious Super Bowls when the Bronco's won, of course! We stayed up into 2:00am or something crazy like that watching the game--we'd recorded it so we could watch it and be surprised by the outcome after church that night. The phone rang at 7:15 the next morning (I was supposed to be to work at 7:00) and said hello. My boss said, "Becki?" and it all clicked. "Oh my goodness!!! What time is it?! I am sooooooo sorry!!! I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!!!" It's a horrible, miserable feeling!!! I'm sure you'll probably have that only-late-once thing in your history, too. :-)
Post a Comment