11.19.2007

Foot surgery

On Saturday Paul, Philip, and I decided to go to the mall so Paul could check out the stores and see if anyone was hiring. I don’t normally walk around barefoot, but this time I did. I walked across the floor and stepped on something that HURT! I fell to the floor wondering what I stepped on, and Paul found the biggest thorn I’ve ever seen! It was maybe two inches long. I sat on the couch and Paul looked at my foot… Dad and Mom came in and they looked at the thorn and knew that the tip was in my foot and I needed to get it out because those thorns have a little bit of poison in them.

I sat down on the floor and they put my foot on a chair. Dad got out his pocket knife and got to work. I had Megan on one side of me and Paul on the other. I was crying because it hurt. Mom and Dad said that I was making it worse than it really was… Maybe I did! I don’t know. Dad has scissors on his pocket knife and he CUT my flesh!! He had to dig into my foot with his knife to try to get the tip out. I think they got some, but the rest is too deep. I’ve soaked my foot in Epsom salt water a couple times, and I’m wearing shoes!! My foot is still a little tender and sore…but I survived. :)

Needless to say we didn’t make it to the mall like we wanted. Mom says the things I do to get out of going somewhere… Hee hee!

We did go to the mall before church yesterday and Paul was able to apply at a couple places. He even got interviewed by someone at Sears! They wanted him to come back for a second interview this afternoon, but they told Paul that they start out at $6 an hour and then whatever sales you make. Paul can’t do that. So he’ll probably call Home Depot and look other places today after work. PLEASE keep praying for him! This is really, really stressful for both of us. A lot of things depend on him getting a better job soon.

I have a job interview at the Windmill Suites today at 10:00!! We’ll see how that goes. Someone told me to check out the hotels…they said I might like it so I’m giving it a shot. ;)

2 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Momma Tammi said...

I know that this will sound gross, but tape a thick piece of bacon fat over the spot where the thorn tip is. I don't know how it does it, but it draws splinters out. Jeremy got a very deep splinter (I won't say where) and we couldn't get it out. Someone told us to do that and it worked. It seemed like we had to do it for a couple days and you would probably have to do it at night while you weren't doing anything in particular. Worth a try.

Grace & Co said...

If we had bacon fat, I'd give it a shot! :S