Regional Convention and Family Camp were really amazing! It was so hard being away from Paul. I missed him so much! But God proved to me, more than once, that He wanted me at convention and camp for so many reasons. The saying is to true, absence makes the heart grow fonder!
Ashley (our friend from Chick-fil-A) absolutely loved convention and camp! She received a lot of blessings while there. Please continue to pray for her though; she has a lot more things she needs to pray for so that she can feel complete peace in her spirit.
I hope I did ok being a “cabin mom.” There were some times I felt like a total failure, but I did my best for not knowing what I was supposed to do. By the time camp was over I was ready to go home because it was getting harder and harder to be the last person to go to bed and the first one to get up. There were other things that happened that were over dramatic (that seems to happen when you have 10 teenage girls together) that caused me to go to Cathy Wantulok and Tammy Kaufman, retired cabin mothers, and beg my forgiveness for being crazy when I was younger! I don’t know how they put up with it…
Another thing I did was take pictures. 177 to be exact! =) I know that’s not as much as others, but for me that’s a lot since I tend to forget taking pictures altogether. I think I took pictures of little kids more than anything, but I couldn’t help it! They were so cute.
Brother Rob and Sister Amy are great people, and their children are adorable! I’m so glad they were able to come to camp, as well as Cindi, Amy’s niece who’s a good friend of mine. Brother Rob preached some really great messages, and prayer afterward was absolutely amazing! I could write a book about everything that happened in our services and you would probably cry and worship the Lord while reading along. Everyone who attended camp this year left with the burning desire to rescue the perishing!
When the crew got home last night we all were so tired and sore from a long week. It felt good to get back. I was the first one to the door and I saw my hubby waiting for me. =) It felt so good to see him again!!
When Paul took me home, I opened the door to the cleanest apartment I’ve ever seen in my life! I’m not kidding. This place looks amazing! It’s spotless! I was so shocked. I’m so thankful though…it looks so great… It made me so much more relaxed too!
This Saturday has been a sleeping day for me. I feel so much better waking up after more than four hours of sleep.
Ok…I’m off for now! Have a great weekend!
6.21.2008
I’m hooome!!!
Written by: Grace & Co at 7:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 people shared some ♥♥♥:
Wait a minute...Tammy and Cathy are "retired" cabin moms? How did they get to retire so early? I was 43 before I got to finish my service in that department. Wimps!
Wow! You took a lot of pics. I am so proud of you.
Way to go Paul!!!!! All really GREAT husbands make sure that the house is spotless when their wives return home...it makes the reunion so much nicer!!!!
Cathy and I retired early because we are kitchen queens now, that means 6:30 am. Trust me, we don't get to really relax. We just can't do it all, Grace was supposed to ahve Sara there to help, but that did not work out.
Sam alway cleans for me when I leave, good job Paul.
My house was really clean also... It was great! It only took us about 10 minutes to destroy it :-)
I'm glad to be home, even though it's so stinking HOT here! It's 101 at 10:30 pm... I need a melting smiley face to insert here.
Yes Tammy and I have the right to be retired between being the kitchen Queens and me having a child like i do (tammy helps me with him)i can't stay out late like that any more..
Cathy
Grace I will be looking forward to seeing your pictures. Paul has to come to camp next yr. :op
Oh my WORD! *rolling eyes*
Post a Comment