7.11.2008

It didn’t rain last night

It POURED!!!!! Wow! It was so amazing! Paul and I ate a late dinner together, and after we were done eating I heard this funny sound… I was nervous that I may have forgotten to turn off the stove or oven, but both were off when I checked. Then I said, “Wait a second!” and ran to the front door, whipped it open, and wouldn’t you know it?! It was raining so hard outside! Woo! There was a lot of wind, thunder, lightning… Oh yeah. It was wonderful!

Yesterday was a crazy day. Mom called me and wanted to know if I wanted to meet up with her, Sara, Megan, and Tommy and get a polish dog for lunch so I took a quick shower and jumped in the car and headed to Costco. We ate lunch together, walked around Costco, chased Tommy out of the freezers, and looked for two specific things. Well they discontinued both of the items we wanted so then we drove to Wal-Mart because Mom wanted to print some wedding pictures in 5x7’s.

You know how it is when you go to Wal-Mart… Before you make it to what you really went there for you get caught up looking at other cool neato things that catch your eye. I actually forgot more than once why we were even there! We finally made it to the photo area and we picked out which pictures we wanted to print through the Kodak machine. We printed them out and the pictures looked beautiful! We went to pay for them and the lady there said that we couldn’t purchase them because they looked professional and we didn’t have the photographer signature giving us the OK to print them.

Mom and I went around and around with them explaining that a friend of ours took the pictures for me, not a professional. I said that we could take any of their cameras that they sell and take pictures and make them look professional; does that mean I can’t print my own pictures? Well in the end she said they would not let us buy the pictures and she had the nerve to SHRED them right in front of us. I felt sick. I wanted to cry because that was so heartless.

We left, went to the 99 cent store real quick, then went to the Surprise Wal-Mart and tried again. The lady we dealt with had a strong personality so I thought for sure we’d have another duel but she explained things nicely to us about their copyright laws and things to keep them from getting sued for copying professional pictures without the professional’s permission. We explained to her that it was our friend taking pictures with a really nice camera, so she let Mom sign for two pictures… But we cannot print out any more pictures until Sam signs one of their papers. Crazy madness!

After that I went home and Mom stayed to do some grocery shopping.

Well I have a lot to get done around here so I guess I better get going. I hope you all have a wonderful day! I know I will. Rainy days have the reverse affect on me. =)

4 people shared some ♥♥♥:

d_lhays said...

Man on a rainy day I am lucky to even get out of bed. We have had rain for three days now. And it took all I had in me to get things done before convention.

Mommy's Journal said...

We LOVED the rain last night!!! The kids and I ran outside and enjoyed it. Then we decided to grab the trash can and take it to the back yard before the wind took it down the street. We were soaked. We ran inside and wrapped up in blankets. It was so wild... The temp dropped about 10 - 15 degrees. When you see only sunshine for about 360 days out of the year you really appreciate the rainy days. The grey clouds today have been FANTASTIC!!!

Kasey said...

I worked at Wal Mart Photo Center, we had to make someone sign a form once too.

Tammy K. said...

Grace I am so sorry about the pictures. We will get that form for you. guess what??? We are getting a HUGE thunderstorm right now. Pretty cool. I LOVE THEM.