9.15.2008

From what I've observed

Since the last time I posted I started to write down some things I have observed about Havre, Montana.

1. One of the common vehicles I have seen is the 4-wheeler- the common color for your vehicle is mud.
2. A common Sunday attire would be a clean pair of jeans! =]
3. There are yellow ribbons around almost every tree and light post. There are signs every that say they support their troops.
4. Everyone goes to the football games! Even people who don’t even like football! Whether it’s high school or college everyone attends it like a social gathering. =]

Those are just some things I’ve observed since being here.

Our weekend was so busy I don’t know where to start! Friday night we went to the high school football game. After that Paul, Daniel, and I were invited over to some guy’s house for a bonfire. When we got there everyone was inside because it started to rain so we played Catch Phrase instead. It was pretty funny!

The next day we went to the college football game, and because of that one party the night before I recognized 4 people at the game! Ha! I don’t think you’d do that in Phoenix.

After the game we all headed to Kirby and Nancy’s and ate hot dogs and chips and dip. All the guys played 500 while Mandie and I watched bratty kids on TV and Emilie and Tom played next to us.

Brother Johnny called later that night and Paul, Daniel, Jason, and I headed out to his house for music practice. I guess Johnny wanted to get a feel of what they would all sound like together and stuff. We stayed till 11 or 12...I can’t remember…

As we were heading to Jason’s house to drop some things off we got pulled over. AH!! I spotted his lights first and told everyone to put their seatbelts on. Hee! Hee! I guess Kirby’s truck has a headlight out. It needs to be fixed soon!

We got home and watched TV eating fudge ice cream (thanks Jason!).

Sunday morning came too soon. But we did have a really good Sunday school and service! I think it was a confirmation that we need to be here- just because there is so much potential for this little church to grow because of all the outreach they want to do…they were just lacking in the music department. It’s also amazing how much Paul learned in the one year he lived around my family! He has taught Brother Johnny and Daniel a few things about music that they didn’t know… It’s natural for me to know, so I was shocked when they even asked what something was.

Paul is at school today and I’m just tidying up around the house. Paul has a study buddy he’s hanging out with between classes so I won’t even see him till 3 this afternoon. I want to start applying at jobs then! Pray for me that I can find one.

I hope you all have a great day. I love you Mom! ♥ =]

1 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Mommy's Journal said...

I envy you and the small town... I don't envy the cold you are about to experience.

I love you too... And miss you terribly!