Yesterday morning I was awakened by Christmas music playing on the Christian radio station. I guess they decided they wanted to play Christmas music for a day! I loved it! They had different bands on singing their own versions of the classic songs and they were beautiful! I’m excited to listen to it all the time. =] I’m trying to be good! It’s so hard though! We went to one store this evening and they had The Grinch playing on every television! I think we will be watching a Christmas movie tonight.. Sorry Mom!!
I have gone to so many different stores today doing a little Christmas shopping and doing a lot of day dreaming. I would love to have money so I could decorate my house the way I want to- right now! Not just scrimp and save to buy things once in a blue moon. Maybe one day.. If not then I’ll just appreciate what God has given me right now!
For the most part I have had a good day. I’m thankful. Yesterday was a bad day for me. My body was drained, people were foul at the dollar store, for example- a woman had a cart full of things that she brought up but she only wanted half of it. Then, after I ring everything up, she goes through the sacks and decides to only keep half of it. It was pretty stressful. Then you have elderly women who want to buy a greeting card and complain that $1 is too much to pay for it. Oh well. You have to deal with those types of people I guess. Anyways, by the time I went to bed I was in tears. Paul was so good to just listen to me and then say a few words.
Well, my hubby just got home so I’m going to spend time with him now. Have a great weekend! Go to church tomorrow! =]
11.15.2008
I’m in SO much trouble..
Written by: Grace & Co at 5:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 people shared some ♥♥♥:
I had to deal with all the rude people in Virginia over the past two weeks! So, I can relate to what you mean by the foul people.
I LOVE Christmas music. I listen to it off and on all year.....so I'm guessing I'm breaking all kinds of rules by doing that? LOL.
It has been so hard for me not to listen to Christmas music. As for the rude thing. That is my life right now. Everybody in this town is so mean and rude. Even if you go way out and be super nice. And as the shopping season comes near it is only going to get worse.
There you go--breaking all the rules again! Although it sounds like you had a rough day at work and needed something a little jolly. But STILL--you're a cheater!!! ;-)
Bruiser, it is very hard to work retail...i did it for several years before Kasey was here with us. I find that those folks are the ones that need the love the most....after awhile, they will come around...try a little experiment...kill em with kindness...all the time, everytime, eventually they will either break down and tell you how much they appreciate your kindness, or get meaner than before. I had one man write a letter to my supervisor where I worked, no matter how hard i tried i could never please him...it is very hard to be positive in the face of adversity, but, the best example we have is the one that lives in our hearts. he simply said, forgive them father, for they know not what they do....hang in there little girl, our redemption draweth nigh...love and prayers, sister katie. please tell polywog hello.
I keep seeing on peoples posts about "rules" for the Christmas season. Is there a rule book, and what does it say or is it a self imposed set of rules? Either way, I listen to Christmas music all year round. Christian music is Christmas music, the message of Jesus Christ, right.
Love Ya ;)
Aunt Marcy
Thanks for all the comments! I appreciate each and every one of them!
As for the rules about Christmas.. There are none! Yay! That makes me feel better. =] Thanks Aunt Marcy!
Yes, Sister Marcy, there is a rule book. It has one simple rule: Don't start celebrating Christmas until after Thanksgiving!!! But I think my husband burnt our family's edition, so I'm in no place to be mentioning "the rule" to anybody else! Ha! I officially GIVE UP. ;-)
We listened to Christmas music in the van the other day... The kids were getting on my nerves because they were arguing about something... I turned on the radio and there was Christmas music... It calmed everyone down and it was much more enjoyable, so I guess Christmas music is therapeutic. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!
~~MOM~~
There is no rule book...I am excited for Christmas, Its fun.I also love Thanksgiving. I think Thanksgiving just kicks the holiday season off.
Post a Comment