8.01.2009

Where do I start?

I know it’s only been a few days since I’ve been online, but it seems like a lot has happened around here since the last time I posted.

Earlier this week a nine-year-old boy was hit and killed by a 70-year-old semi truck driver here in Havre. The boy was walking his bike across the street and the driver didn’t see him when turned onto the highway. I didn’t know the boy, but I did see him minutes before he died. He came into the shop to get some ice cream. If only we could rewind time and stop our loved ones from doing something so innocent and simple if it meant saving their lives! It’s so very, very sad. Please keep the Lund family in your prayers.

Also, yesterday or the day before the truck driver had a heart attack. I’m sure he’s under a lot of stress right now. Keep him in your prayers as well.

On to other news..

Things aren’t going well for me at the ice cream shop. It’s a long story, but just keep me in your prayers as I look for another job. I thought I finally found a job where I could kind of settle and feel stable, and then before you know it, WHAMO! My job is ripped out from under me and I lose my balance and fall into the feelings of, well, unbalanced! I’m trying not to stress about it, I know it’s in God’s hands, I just hope I can find something else quickly, and that I can stay there for awhile. I’m so tired of jumping from place to place! I have horrible job luck.

Grandma Horton’s bedroom is 98% done! Kirby has been working hard to get the room finished, and I know the boys have helped whenever they’re not busy with work. It looks really nice! I think she will be happy. Kirby flew out this morning to drive her and the truck home. We’ll see them soon!

Last night Paul and I decided to try Chinese from the frozen food section. We found different meals in the boxes you would get when you order takeout, and all you have to do is pop them in the microwave for 5 minutes. I was skeptical, but Chinese sounded so good I was willing to try it! It was pretty good stuff! All it needed was some red chili sauce for spice and it was perfect. I think we’ll be trying that again soon.

Today is Saturday! I would love to do something after I get off work.. but what is there to do?

1 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad... I can only imagine the pain those parents must be going through right now. I will pray for them.

Chinese? Too bad you don't have a Panda Express... YUM!

We will be having Papa Murphy's chicken garlic pizza tonight... At Papa's request.

~~MOM~~