11.27.2006

Oh the joys of life!

2:00 this morning the phone rang at the Shuler household, the caller being Grandma Bunny. You kinda like to get phone calls in the middle of the night telling you a baby has been born, or someone is being sneaky and wishing you a happy birthday first! At least then you could go back to sleep with a merry heart. Maybe even dream about it! Unfortunately that’s not the kind of phone call we received last night. Instead we get the dreaded words, “Ike is dying” and Mom rushes to Grandma’s side to support her in the dreadful part of life.

He did not pass away during the night, and Mom is sleeping now so I won’t wake her to find out. She got in about 5:00 this morning. But he’s going down hill fast.

Death is a scary thing for the ones who are left behind. What does Grandma Bunny do next? Once her husband is gone, what’s next? When he is gone Grandma is left to live all alone. I know I would be miserable! I would be so lonely. *sigh* Death is such a stinky part of life! :-)

Okay, on to brighter news! The kids and I are going in for eye exams for the first time in our lives today! I wonder if any of us will walk away a different person…like, wearing glasses?! I guess we’ll find out, won’t we? :-)

Mom and Dad wrapped presents last night while I tried playing a football video game with the boys. Philip gave up on me because I was so terrible, but Jacob stayed around just because I was so entertaining to watch. :-P Then he decided to play a hunting video game…THAT was entertaining! His elk died of old age before he ever got close enough to be able to shoot it! I thought it was funny. He’ll do better next time I’m sure!

Well, I’d post some pictures of Thanksgiving but they haven’t been uploaded to the computer yet and I don’t know where the camera is. So…I guess you’ll have to wait! Sorry ‘bout that! :-)

I need to get going. I need to get school done before we head off this afternoon. Have a great day! I love you all!

~Gracie~

3 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Ike. I know you all love him. I'll be thinking of you all and praying for you. Seems like sometimes hard things come all at once. Love you Grace!

Erika J. said...

praying for your family during this time!

cokelady said...

Hey Grace -- just want you to know that we'll be praying for all of you, and especially for Grandma and Ike. Hang in there! (And keep us posted--I get most of my information on this subject here on your blog!)