12.07.2006

Tommy boy


The other day when I was cleaning on my room, Tommy asked me is he could wear my retainer. I said, “No, that’s MY retainer that was made for me…I can’t share it because that’s gross.” He said, “Please?! I want to show you how cute I look in it!” I thought about what he said and then replied, “Wait…have you tried on my retainer before?” He had a guilty look on his face, then put up on of his 5-year-old fingers and said, “Just once.” *UGH* I was SO disgusted but I was laughing so hard! I said, “Thomas! That’s gross! My slobber is all over that!” He said, “It’s okay! It’s dry! I’ll wipe it off with my shirt!” Then he grabs my retainer and starts wiping it with his dirty shirt. I grabbed them away and told him to stop, that was gross and he doesn’t need to wear my retainer.

Later that day I noticed Tommy looked kind of sad, so I asked him if he was mad at me. He said, “Yes! You won’t let me wear your retainer so I can show you how cute I look.” Ha ha! I laughed and then put him on my lap and hugged him. I tried my best to explain what the retainer was for and how it is made for ONE person not TWO and that maybe he’d have one, one day and I’d be able to see it on him. He still doesn’t understand. Retainers are now a sore subject in our house. Hee hee!

Have a great day!
I love you all!
~Gracie~

9 people shared some ♥♥♥:

wemmies said...

He looks just like Silas. It trips me out everytime I see his pic.

That was gross and cute all in one... perfect little boy style.

Anonymous said...

Um...Hi!

Rebekah Doran said...

Ha! That's funny. I can just imagine that guilty look. hee hee

cokelady said...

Eeeewwwwww! How is it possible for kids to be sooooooo gross and sooooooo cute at the same time?! (I would recommend storing that retainer out of sight somewhere when it's not in your own mouth!)

Momma Tammi said...

Too cute!

Anonymous said...

ewwww... i dont even wear mine.

AKCameraGuy said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
I love it!! LOL!! Wow.. thats gross.. lol, and yet so funny!! Gotta love little brothers!

~AKCameraGuy~

Pam said...

Hey Grace

Thomas is so cute. Kids can come up with some really cute things. They do things sometimes that make you mad but you are laughing so hard it is hard to let them no your mad.

cokelady said...

WHOA!!! You mean Lyndi is still ALIVE?!?!? I HAD NO IDEA!!! Good for you, Grace -- you pulled her out of the shadows, if only momentarily. ;-)