2.12.2007

District Convention

Friday afternoon, after my dad got home from work and got cleaned up, we headed for Alamogordo, New Mexico! It was another day where I was feeling kind of blue, but I was looking forward to being with loving people and getting a spiritual refill from the Lord. When we finally got to our hotel at around 11:00, I think we all were ready for a good night’s sleep! That trip was pretty long for all of us. Mom went to check in while the rest of us waited in the van. I was joking around with Jacob and Philip and being a real dork when my dad told me to help my mom. So I told one more joke to the boys then started running for the hotel lobby. I heard someone yell, “Gracie!” and I whipped around and saw Aaron Brooks coming my way! I screamed and ran towards him and gave him a big hug! I was so shocked to see him there! And Sister Marcia! And Sara! And you know what? They all came home with us and are staying a WEEK and will be here for my graduation party! I am so happy!

I saw the Horne family as well as the Kaufmans and got to open a couple graduation gifts. :-) Brother James gave me “The Last Great Conflict” by AJ Tomlinson and Becki gave me the eighth book from the “Love Comes Softly” series as well as some Beverly Lewis books about the Amish. I am so excited to read them! I was so excited to see all of those books! Then Sam and Tammy gave me a GREAT smelling candle with this…what is it...lampshade thing made out of glass. You know? I don’t know how to describe it…but it is REALLY pretty and I can’t wait to start burning that candle!

The there’s the Convention…boy howdy… I’ve gotta say, it was SO good to be in service with the Spanish again! They love the Lord so much, and when they start singing in Spanish it is so beautiful! You don’t know what they’re saying, but your heart does, and you worship the Lord along side the Spanish people and feel unity with your neighbor…it’s really beautiful! I saw a lot of great people at the Convention…it was good to be with old friends again. The worship was so sweet too! It was soft, sweet, and cleansing. Very good!

My children’s boost was in the morning so I was a little nervous about that, but I just kept praying that God would touch my mouth and I would say what He wanted me to say. I think I did well…did I do well? All of you that heard me! :-P I know I got a little emotional and actually cried a little…but it was good, and I didn’t feel so nervous once I actually got up there. The Lord answers prayer! :-)

Sam Kaufman took my graduation pictures for me. I got to see some of them already! I was shocked at how good they were! Sam is a GREAT photographer! He is taking the pics home and photo shopping them then sending me a disc. I’m excited! I don’t think I’ve ever had so many pictures taken in my life though…but it was fun too! :-)

Sister Marcia, mom, Tammy, Becki, Sara C, me, Jacob, Philip, Aaron, Sara, and Megan played Catch Phrase late that night…ha ha! Oh my word! It was so retarded! We all were tired and getting loopy and said a lot of things that were crazy. But we had a lot of fun!

We traveled home yesterday and now we’re home! With the Brooks here! Yay! I’m thankful that they were able to come because it really does make me feel better. I had a hard week last week, but I’m thankful you all prayed for me. I thank you so much for taking the time! :-) You know I’m always here for anyone too! :-) HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! I’m pretty sure I will… ;-)

7 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Pam said...

Hey Grace
I'm glad that you all had a wonderful convention. Ours is the 24th of this month. Congratulations on your graduation. Thank you for sending us an invitation to your graduation party, I wish that we could come but it is a little far. We are going to send you a card so be looking for it in the mail. I would like to have a graduation picture of you if possible. I liked the picture on your invitation.

Unknown said...

kewlies girl! Nothing like good friends to cheer you up. We got to hang out with Aaron Brooks at BTI last year when he came with his family. He is the kewlest, funniest 11 year old I've ever met.
Our little Gracie-girl is graduating!!! You are now an "adult"!...or at least the age to fit the maturity and wisdom and grace beyond your years you've always had.

Jamey said...

I am really glad you guys had a good convention. I am looking forward to ours in a couple weeks.
Congrats on your graduation as well. Love ya and praying for ya.

Anonymous said...

Um...Aaron was 13 last year!!!

Unknown said...

yah. I realized that after I wrote it....and looked frantically for the change button....which doesn't exist.

Anonymous said...

Hey lae! Its me Aaron on Philip's username so yeah! :D

Its alright you got my age wrong q: I'm actually 14 right now and still getting stronger lol.

(By they people think I'm 11 also *sob* haha)

Well anyways... Just wanted to let ya know my presence is near rofl.

P.S.
First, Philip did give me permission to use his username
Second, I think he was a littl rude on what he typed but he's sorry! (he better be anyways O_o)

Unknown said...

well, since I am in the same club at STILL look 11 at 21, I really should know people's ages better!