It’s so hard for me to Blog right now even though I have plenty of things to tell. God has been so good and has answered some of my family’s prayers, but it just doesn’t seem right to share. Not when I know my friend is suffering. You know I’m here for you Kasey; we all love you very much and are still praying for you!
Sigh. OK. I think I’ll share what’s been going on. Please don’t find me uncaring by posting about happy things when one so dear to me is enduring grief.
Sara, Megan, and Tommy have been going to VBS since Monday night and have really enjoyed it. We had 30 Papa Murphy’s cards left that we needed to sell before camp, and it was up to us older kids to get them sold. It was really hard because we feel like we just can’t sell door-to-door anymore because we’re too old. We lost that cute little kid charm. :) Well, on Tuesday night we headed out to sell cards. We made sure to pray before going out and just asked that God would please help everyone crave pizza! We started going door-to-door, and doing fairly well! Philip went to this one house and this lady bought one…but gave Philip $10 instead of $5. Philip went to Mom and said, “What do I do?” Mom made sure he went back to the lady’s house and explain to her that the cards were only $5, not $10. She said she knew that, she just gave more because she wanted him to go to camp. Later on, this little black car pulls up, and who is it? The lady who gave the extra 5 bucks! She pulls up to my Mom and said, “Integrity means so much to my husband and I, and we were so touched that your son came back to tell about the extra $5. My Heavenly Father told me to help you, so when you’re done selling cards for the night, and if you have any left over, come back to my house and we will buy the rest.” Praise the Lord! God is good! They gave us $80 and took 16 Papa Murphy’s cards.
On Wednesday I spent the whole day with Anita and we worked on Children’s Church stuff for Regional Convention. We were able to get nearly everything done in just one day! Praise the Lord!
Rob Montgomery flew into Phoenix yesterday afternoon and spent the day with my family then came to church that night. It was so good to see him again! He had us listen to a voicemail left on his phone from his girls. It was HILARIOUS! We died laughing. It was good to see our old friend again, and we hope to see him soon!
Please pray for me. I am still looking for a job. I probably won’t be able to find one till after I’m home from camp. So I’ll take this time to pray to the Lord about leading me in the right direction.
Also, today is Paul’s and my 2nd anniversary! We’ve been together for 2 years…wow!
6.21.2007
It just doesn’t feel right
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 people shared some ♥♥♥:
Praise the Lord for helping you guys sell the Papa Murphy's cards. I'll be praying for the drive to camp and of course, the services. Have a great time and tell everyone hello for us. Love you BG!
gracie, dont you dare not post happy things. damon wouldn't want that. Right now, God is really helping me. I am not, NOT sad, I am just numb and not crying as much. My family is here, and I only cry in waves, not all the time. Tomorrow is another day. You should have seen him, he looked so good tonight.
Post a Comment