Today Mom and we girls were out on the town getting things done. I took some advice from a good friend and personally gave my applications to managers/owners of the stores I went to. I applied at Barnes & Noble (again) and Paradise Bakery & CafĂ©. Both gentlemen I talked to were friendly to me and seemed to be interested in what I said. I hope and pray one of these works out because they seem like really good jobs! It’s not good to get your hopes up…but my hopes are pretty high with these! I need to do a lot of praying.
We went to Sam’s Club for lunch and I got my Coke Zero with crushed ice. We then ran across the street to Joann’s and I got to pick out patterns for my bridesmaid dresses and a wedding dress! We’re still going to keep our eyes open just in case I find something I like better. I’m pretty happy with what I found today though. It made me feel better knowing I finally got something done for my wedding. I’ve been stressing out about it here lately. I can’t even sleep peacefully because my dreams are haunted with the fact that I have no job, no money, nothing planned for my wedding, nothing! So getting patterns made me feel excited and like we’re getting things done. I know we have SO much more to do…but I’m going to try to remember to trust the Lord with it. I JUST NEED TO PICK A DATE!!!
I think I might run over to the library and get some books on wedding etiquette. Have a great evening! I’ll try to have one too. ;)
P.S.
I put it back to the old Blog look so Jenna could help me get all my links on the new one! :)
8.17.2007
A better day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 people shared some ♥♥♥:
Hang in there BG. God will work it ALL out in His time...rest in Him.
I am thrilled that you were able to find patterns for the dresses though...that is exciting!
Congratulations on finding a pattern for your dresses. That is cool. Are your parents as excited as you are about getting married. Where are you going to live after you are married?
Are you coming to the Assembly?
Awesome :-D did you choose a pattern or just got that one in mind but still looking??
good job with the handing it the mangers and if you haven't heard from them in a few days don't be a afraid to call and check on the status of your application.
I'm praying- I know what its like to need a job and not know where the money is going to come from but God always provides maybe not in our time but in His time and in the end we walk away with having our faith strengthened and maybe an ounce more of patience.
Should I be offended that you didn't ask ME to make the dresses? NAAAAHHHH! I'm happy for you (and me). :-) What are the patterns like? What will the fabric be? Something the girls can wear again, or the more formal satin or chiffon?
you know... my spring break is the first week of march....
love you, sisterchick.
hey. give me a call. want to talk to you.
hey grace e-mail me your number.. i don't think I have it anymore... you know after the move and all. lol. things get misplaced. =)
Or just call me! Kay! love ya gal!
~Denise~
p.s. you set the date and I'm totally flying out!
Momma Tammi~ Thank you. I've allowed myself to trust Him for the most part. Sometimes in the back of my mind I'll think about how much I need to do in so little time...but then I pray about it and just give it to the Lord. It's working! Things are slowy falling into place! :)
Sis. Pam~ Ha ha! Honestly I don't know how excited my parents are about this wedding. :P Paul and I are going to live here for the time being. And no I won't be able to make it to the Assembly. :( I'm so bummed!
Jenna~ I found a pattern of a simple wedding dress and I thought I could show Sis. Clarkson what I'd like to be added to it by showing her pictures of other wedding dresses I've found in magazines. Unless I find a dress already made and buy it there. :P
Thank you for praying too! Still no job. I'm going to apply at Coco's today and get applications from Berean Christian stores and Borders.
Aunt Vicki~ I hope you're not offended since you're not making my dresses! :S I know you are so busy as it is I would be insensitive to ask you. :)
If you have a Joann's you can check out the patterns! Wedding dress pattern: Simplicity 4258 Bridesmaid dresses: Butterick B4731 The bridesmaid dresses are pretty fancy if I do say so myself! :)
Meg~ Let's talk again soon, -k-?
Denise~ I'll e-mail you my # right now!
I know God has a place for you to work, I hope He shows you where soon. :) Congradulations on getting something done with the wedding, I know it is a lot to plan.
Post a Comment