10.22.2007

Scrabblemania!


Mom was cleaning out more closets, corners, and sheds this past weekend looking for more things to sell and while she was she found our Scrabble board game. I mentioned that that was one game that my parents never taught me how to play, so Paul took that opportunity to teach me. Every time Dad saw us playing he’d jump in and beat us all! It’s such a fun game! I want to play it all the time! I go to work from 12:30 – 4:00 this afternoon and I can’t wait to get off so I can play more!! Jenna has already let me know we’re NOT playing while she’s here because she isn’t that good at it so we’ll play Ibuy or Uno instead. :)

Yesterday morning I was trying to figure out what to do for Children’s Church and I thought we could play a board game! Not Scrabble - a different board game. :) I thought we would play the game of life, but I would make the kids the pieces! So I got some paper that I would use to make a life sized board game. I thought I would do it outside in the church yard where there was plenty of room but I then realized that the wind was HOWLING outside! Sigh. But we still played the game of life! I made the “board” as soon as I got to Church and finished just in time for Sunday school. The kids loved it! They wanted to play more but I needed to get on with my lesson. I told them about Paul and Silas and how they were so happy that even when they were in a cold, stinky, rat infested jail they were still worshipping the Lord! That is a happiness that only God can give, amen? After that we made joy boxes! They look like a little juke box, but they rotate Bible verses instead of music. Pretty neat idea huh?

Well, I’m off to pack more stuff so I can send it home with Paulywog. I want to get a lot over there before Jenna comes so we have more room. Plus I need to finish getting my uniform ready. Have a great day! Oh, before I forget, SAYING OF THE DAY:

Christianity is not a religion, religion is humans trying to work their way to God. Christianity is God coming to men and women through a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Amen! Have a great day and I’ll write more later!

7 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Anonymous said...

Cute Pix! :)

Rachel said...

I love playing scrabble! I just can't play with people that are good at it. LOL!

Thought I'd share this about your thought of the day... I used to say that all the time, Christianity is a relationship, not a religion, until someone showed me these scriptures: James 1:26-27

That knocked my socks off! So now, I say that it is both. Pure relationship with Jesus = Pure Religion. Anything else is fake. :-)

The Middle J said...

I worn you I'm a really bad loser when it comes to IBuy though Ive gotten better at it considering its been awhile sense I actually won.

I don't hate scrabble- just its on my not so favorite list- as we all no my spelling is horrific lol

Hey when you get done cleaning you want to come to my place and help me lol... yeah didn't think so...

Sara Beth said...

I'll Help you Jenna

cokelady said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED SCRABBLE. Weird. It's not my favorite game in the world, but James actually likes that one--so if he's willing to play I'm quick to jump at the opportunity! It's a good game for your brain. (Perhaps why it doesn't seem very FUN to me!)

I wish I had you for a Children's Church teacher when I was a kid!!! :-)

Sara Beth said...

She can still Teach you!!

Grace & Co said...

Mom A. ~ Thanks! :)

Rachel ~ Thank you for telling me that! I really appreciate it. I think I can use that for a VLB service!! That's so good!

Jenna ~ You know I love to clean! Count me in!

Becki ~ Thanks. I love teaching the kids, and I love making up games cause I know I liked it when I was in Children's Church. It's fun. :)