12.11.2007

Early Christmas presents, wedding cakes, and the eye doctor

For an early Christmas present I took Paul to a Christian concert on Saturday night. Paul, Jacob, Philip, Sara, and I had a great time together. Paul was shocked I was able to pull it off without telling him, but I did and he had a wonderful time!

Mindy, a lady I work with at Tully’s, has a side job where she bakes wedding cakes! She gave me samples and a catalog of pictures of the cakes she’s baked in the past and Paul and took our time deciding what flavor of cake we liked best and what we want our cake to look like! I took the catalog back to Mindy, told her what we wanted, and there you go! It’s a very nice feeling to check off another thing from my list.

Now the eye doctor… I went to the eye doctor yesterday and he told me that I am slightly near sighted in my right eye and astigmatism in my left…but only slight! The doctor said it he wasn’t going to tell me I NEEDED glasses, but it may be nice to wear some when I’m driving or watching TV or something. Because they were free through my insurance I got a pair…but I don’t know if I’ll wear them all the time.

I wish I could post more, but I’m really busy right now! I’ll talk to you all later!

3 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Unknown said...

do we get a picture of these glasses?

Vicki Smith said...

I just ordered new glasses today. I'd got my eyes checked last week but hyperventalated when they gave me the price and decided I'd better compare prices before I did anything. It's expensive to get old and need progressive lenses for that astigmatism! Mine aren't anywhere CLOSE to free!

Grace & Co said...

There will probably be at least one picture for everyone to see. Sigh. I trust everyone to tell me if they look good or if I look like a dork!

Oh great! I hope and pray my eyes don't get ANY worse! I hyperventilate when I have to pay more than $9 for a t-shirt! I won't be able to handle paying what happens when I get old!!