Mom dropped me off at work a little before 4:00 p.m. and I clocked in, rounded the corner, and Tully’s was a disaster!! One of the espresso machines was down and they had a man that was fixing it. He had completely trashed the place with his tools. Joelyn told me we had to work around him on ONE espresso machine. HA! It was pretty interesting. While I was there the deli called and said I was supposed to be working over there tonight. Joelyn said they were wrong because I was closing at Tully’s. The lady at the deli argued with her and said I was supposed to close at the deli! They argued a little over the phone and then Joelyn went over there personally to check their schedule and find out what was going on. They brought Monica, THE manager of the whole store, into their disagreement and asked her what to do. While they’re arguing with Monica I’m back at Tully’s with this guy who’s in my way and I’m trying my best to find an almond latte and have no clue where anything is anymore because he moved all of our stuff around to make room for his stuff. Ha! Ha! It was funny.
Well, Monica said that I was going to close at Tully’s because Joelyn doesn’t know how to close. But until 7:00 p.m. (when Joelyn gets off) I’d be at the deli cleaning up in the kitchen helping them close. Sigh. As soon as I got there the ladies wanted to go on break and were complaining about almost not being able to have one. Ha! Ha! So I went and scrubbed dirty dishes and parts of the oven that were full of chicken grease until 7:00. Thankfully someone else was able to come in and work at the deli so they could close up without me. They would not let me leave until it was 7:00 though!! It was crazy. I finally got over to Tully’s and Joelyn told me everything she was able to get done for me to try to make it easier for me to close. It was very sweet of her to do that. She left at 7:00 and I worked non-stop to get that place clean. I only worked about 10 minute’s overtime. That’s not bad.
Oh, and I had no break. :-) Ha! Ha!
Moving on… The presents are starting to come in! I’m so excited! The Bridal Shower is this Saturday and Mom already has 3 presents in her room! It’s so exciting! We both were giggly yesterday when looking at the pretty wrapping. I’M SO EXCITED!!!!
I’m so thankful for what the Lord has done for Paul and I. He has been so good to us. I know we would be lost planning this wedding if we didn’t know the Lord. I mean that with all of my heart! There are still some things we’re praying about; one of the major things right now is our piano player. PLEASE pray we can find a place for him to stay. I really want him to be able to come. :-) I know everything will work out according to the Lord’s will.
Today is my day off so I’m going to clean and pack up more of my room! Sara and I deep cleaned the bathroom so I don’t need to worry about that for awhile. Now I need to REALLY work on that bedroom and get it packed up. Mom says I need to have everything out of there by the wedding so we have more floor space for beds. *nervous laugh* That’s something else you can pray about. :-)
Have a great day! I’ll post again whenever I get the chance!
2.05.2008
Just call me Wonder Woman
Written by: Grace & Co at 7:41 AM
I feel: too busy to feel anything
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 people shared some ♥♥♥:
I had my stuff packed and boxed up on the front porch. lol
I slept on a mattress on the floor the night before my wedding with my mother in law. My brother and sister in law were in the spare bedroom with all three nephews. Damon had to stay 30 minutes away at my aunts house!!
I still dont know if I can make it to the wedding. I REAAALLLY want to, but with the moving, if I get a job right before, I dont knwo that they will let me off. AND, for some reason I thought AZ was closer than the 15 hours it really is. I thought I could drive.
Hey Superwoman...how ya feeling this morning? I don't know if it is always THAT GREAT to be wanted THAT badly, but it does make for a great post.
Wow! From a little girl freaking out over being asked to the Valentine's Banquet because she thought that being a date meant you had to kiss to being a beautiful young woman, giggling over pretty wrapping paper on her wedding gifts...where has the time gone and what changes have been wrought? You are so cute and adorable.
That was a funny memory... Poor Darren...
What has happened??? How did she grow up so fast??? I need one of those little smiley face guys with tears squirting out of his eyes!
LOL! I had totally forgotten about that Valentines Day. What a great memory! Thanks, Sis. Tammi, for the trip down Memory Lane.
Gracie, I'm glad to see you have a strong work ethic, and it's neat to read about you getting excited over wedding presents.
I must say, however, that I was a little partial to Desert Rose. Queen of Coffee just doesn't have the same elegance, even if there are mornings when I truly do believe that a cup of expresso is a beautiful thing (or iced Vanilla Bean lattes, on a hot summer day, as it were).
Take care, and I'll see you soon!
Kasey, I really hope you can make it! Just let me know how it works out -k-?
I don't think it's that great to be needed like that. :-) Ha ha! I completely forgot about that. I do remember being so freaked out because I really didn't want to get kissed! It's funny how much people change, huh? :-)
Post a Comment