For those of you who don’t know, Paul and I flew up to Washington when his mother called informing him that his older brother, James, was dying of pneumonia. We got the earliest flight out last Monday and we were able to get to the hospital in time for Paul to say goodbye. I was also able to meet James for the first time.
I cannot tell you how horrible it is to watch parents lose their child. Their cries have to be the most horrible sound ever to hear. To watch Kirby and Nancy helplessly watch their child slip away and they can’t do anything but watch… I also cannot tell you how scary it is to watch someone slip from life to death. I know James is in Heaven and is having a wonderful time.
Please remember the Alexanders and the Hortons as they mourn their son.
While we were in Washington I was able to meet more of my new family. I love them! They all were very nice to me. I hope Paul and I get to see them again soon under better circumstances.
Now we’re home and Paul is on his first day of the new job. As for me I’m staying home and cleaning house. I don’t know what the plan is for me yet, whether I’ll be able to stay home and make it actually look like my home or if I’m going to have to work somewhere else yet. But you’ll know either way. :-)
Alright I need to unpack now. Have a great day everyone!
5.19.2008
There and back again
Written by: Grace & Co at 8:38 AM
I feel: energy-less
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 people shared some ♥♥♥:
:) I'm glad you like our family.
I can't tell you how heartbroken I am that I was not able to be there! It is really so wonderful though to think of James in Heaven!! :) He's walking and talking and smelling flowers and hanging out with Jesus :) So much peace comes with knowing your family is in Heaven.
Love you much!
I am glad your family holds that assurance of Heaven, it makes a horrible situation bearable.
We've been praying for you and for all of the Horton/Alexander family.
Glad you're back and posting again! I hope you don't have to get a job. You'll have less time to blog if you do. ;-)
How was the first day of work for Paul? Did you get a lot accomplished?
Just wanted you to know we have been praying for the family during this time. We love you.
Thank you, everyone, for praying for the family!
Post a Comment