7.18.2008

Surprise!


First off, here is a picture of the cake I made. His favorite is yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Pretty good for being my second time baking a cake, huh!? I’m pretty proud of myself. Mom helped a little bit and I’m thankful she did.

Our surprise birthday bash was a success! He said he had no idea there was anything going on for him, he still thought we were having a get together this weekend. =) He said he had a lot of fun too! Kudos for us!

Here’s a picture of the birthday boy! Woo! --->

<--- Here’s a picture of Paul and some of the decorations Tommy and I put up. Doesn’t it look great!? =)

Alright, so I left the house around 11:30 yesterday to do some last minute shopping and get all of the decorations and stuff for the party. When I made it to Mom and Dad’s house I immediately made the cake and put it in the oven, with a little help from Mom. =) While the cake was baking Tommy and I put up the decorations I purchased. We got done around the same time the cake was ready to be pulled out of the oven so it worked out. While we waited for the cake to cool we did some running around, including blowing up some balloons at Chick-fil-A and getting Route 44’s at Sonic.

Here’s Paul trying to open a gift from Jacob…wrapped in duct tape. --->

We got back to the house and I frosted the cake before heading back to my house. Paul beat me home so I had to do some quick thinking! When he asked where I was I said, “Oh…just driving around…looking at potential jobs…” I frantically started looking around me and saw the bars, pet shops, smoke shops, etc. Ha! No jobs there!

<--- Here’s Paul reading his birthday card from his lovely wife. =) Tommy thought the whole thing was sappy!

When I got home I had to stall some because Aunt Marcy and Uncle Randy hadn’t left yet. We finally just left…and they were pretty much right behind us. =S So I started thinking… What to do? What to do? I have an idea! “Oh, I just realized we need to get the drinks! Silly me to have realized just now.” ;) So Paul and I took a little detour to Safeway and bought some drinks. Paul said, “Your mom is not going to be happy with us. We’re pretty late now.” Hee! Hee! I said, “Let’s hope she has mercy on us.” ;)

Here’s Paul opening a gift from the Doerfler’s. It’s his new favorite game! Ha! Ha! --->

When we got to my parent’s house and opened the door everyone yelled surprise! I loved seeing his facial expression. =) It was great! We ate a very yummy dinner and then everyone fellowshipped a little before Paul opened his gifts, after gifts you have to have cake! It was very tasty Mandie. ;) I made his favorite. After cake we pulled out Cranium and the whole gang played! Even Tommy- ornery Tommy who kept saying over and over, “I know who’s going to win!” or kissing and licking people, or whatever other crazy thing that popped into his head.

<--- Paul blowing out all 23 candles!

Paul is really tired this morning. I am too. But our partying isn’t over yet! We have Lillian’s birthday bash to go to tonight. Lillian is my step-great-great-grandmother. =) She is turning 90 so we’re having a nice party for her tonight. We’re just going to be part animals this weekend!


Macho Paul! Showin’ off his guns- courtesy of Poolman. I hope you had a wonderful birthday honey! --->

I’m seriously thinking about applying at In-N-Out. I know I said no more working in the food business, but just starting out there is $10 an hour. And they have a lot of nice benefits. I’ll at least have somewhere I’m working until I find something better.

Well I’m just cleaning around the house today. Yesterday I put up quite a few pictures on the wall. It makes such a difference in the looks! I even have picture frames up on the wall with no pictures yet. Ha! Ha! I just want them off the floor.

I hope you liked hearing about Paul’s birthday bash and seeing some of the pictures I took.

Before I head out, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN!!! I hope you have a good day today. =)

Take care everyone!

4 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Tammy K. said...

How fun. I wrote your email before I read your blog. It was nice hearing about the party. I am so happy it all worked out. Looks like alot of fun.

Nancy said...

He looks so happy! That makes me so happy! Love You!
MomA

cokelady said...

Looks like a great party--and Paul does look like he appreciated it!

My kids got that Shooting Gallery thing for Christmas. They love it, too! ;-)

Momma Tammi said...

Happy LATE Birthday Paul! Looks like you had a blast!