10.20.2008

Road trip!

Over the weekend Paul and Daniel talked about going to Great Falls one last time before we get snowed in for months. I talked to my boss about getting Monday (today) off so I could tag along. At first he said there was no way because he needed someone who knew how to run the cash register. I told him that was fine and told the boys to go on without me. This morning as I was drinking my morning coffee I got a phone call from the Dollar Store and Greg asked if I left for work yet. He said that he goofed up and told another lady to come into work today too so I actually could go to Great Falls with the guys! I was so excited! After Paul got off from school we headed on out to have some fun in the "city."

While on our way Daniel got thirsty so we pulled into a town that had a run down building that had a Coke sign. When we walked in we were shocked to find we walked into a little country store. It was pretty cool. It gets even better! As I was looking around I noticed some shelves, and above it there was a sign that said "Free Books." I asked the lady who worked there if that was true, and she said YES! So I went through and found a couple books. One was "Jaws" dated in 1974 that was in really good shape ad the other was a novella about reunions. Pretty stinkin' cool! We then got our Cokes and kept going.

When we got to Great Falls I found a store that carried 10 lbs. of white chocolate powder! Oh yeah! We then ate at a Chinese restaurant and then headed to the mall to walk around. Instead of walking around a mall that has 5 stores we walked around a mall that had 10-15! =] It was fun though. We found some good sales and splurged just a little bit. We had a good mini trip.

Well, I guess I better get going now. Have a great night! I love and miss you Mom! ♥

3 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Mommy's Journal said...

Who would have ever thought that a trip to the "city" would be Great Falls, MT... I would love to take a trip to the "country" :-)

The idea of being snowed in makes me feel a little claustrophbic... YIKES!

I miss you too...BIG TIME!!! Love you!

Grace & Co said...

Yeah, I do feel claustrophobic thinking about being snowed in! Did you have to look up that word to make sure you spelled it right? =]

I love and miss you too!

Mommy's Journal said...

Actually Jacob had to tell me how to spell it... :-)