I had to go to work today and I experienced a couple things that I'd like to share with you-
#1
We already have some Easter things on display at the store, and we have plenty of bunnies in the front where you first walk in to welcome you with warm, fuzzy, cheap, plastic smiles. One woman walked by with her son and said, "Oh, look at the squirrels!"
The lesson:
Check your eyesight regularly to help prevent looking.. well, loony.
#2
One of our last customers of the day came up to the checkout counter and the first words out of her mouth were, "I think it is offensive that you have rubber snakes right here at the counter." We explained that the kids love buying them, but she said that she was dead serious and she would never come to our store again unless we move them.
The lesson:
If you have to be that high society then don't shop at a dollar store. =]
I did have a good day today though.. despite a couple moments. =] One of my coworkers that I thought didn't like me has been trying her best to make sure I can make it to every night of revival next week. She traded shifts with me for Wednesday and Friday and is trying her best to get Thursday covered too. I made sure to let her know how thankful I was!
I hope you all had a great day! Have a great Sunday!
1.24.2009
Lessons you learn from working at a dollar store
Written by: Grace & Co at 5:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 people shared some ♥♥♥:
I love the lessons learned from working at the dollar store! Too funny!!!!! How nice of your co-worker to go out of her way to try to make sure that your shifts are covered so that you can be in service. Not too many people who would be willing to do that. Have a great Sunday!
LOL!! Too funny!!! =) I like #2!!!
Post a Comment