5.06.2009

What’s up, doc?

So I had my first doctor’s appointment this morning and we heard a lot of good news! I don’t know where to begin! Maybe at the beginning.. that might help.

I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork since it was my first visit. They called me in so fast that I had Paul ask me questions and he write them down. A nurse came in and asked a bunch of questions- half of them being on the paperwork I just filled out. Because I have never been to a gyno she gave me a quick idea of what to expect. After she left the room Paul asked if I was nervous or even dreading someone else be so.. close.. I honestly told him I didn’t care, what bothered me was the needles.

Dr. Lien came in and was super friendly! I really like her. She reminds me a lot of Amy Poehler, which God knew I needed since I’m not too excited about this whole doctor experience. Ha!

She checked my blood pressure, heart, lungs, abdomen, etc. and said that I’m pretty much going to live forever. I already knew that though. My Mom’s side of the family lives to be nearly 100. She also tried to listen to the baby’s heartbeat, since it was my first time and wanted me to feel comfortable despite being underclothed. She searched and searched and searched but couldn’t find the baby’s heartbeat very well because he/she is hiding. Stubborn kid! I wonder where he/she gets that from?

Dr. Lien also said that I’m already riding very low which has it’s pros and cons.. I’ll have to be close to a bathroom at all times, but I’ll probably only show in the front. Woo!

Then came the needles.. I had Paul hold me hand because I was so afraid! That woman probably thought I was a nutcase, praying to Jesus aloud that He would touch me because I thought I was going to die. I did feel the needle go in and it felt so disgustingly weird.. but it didn’t hurt. I could feel my blood being drained too which made me feel lightheaded. The lady made me lay down so I wouldn’t pass out. Or throw up. She took 8 vials of blood and she said that that’s it. I hope that means that’s it forever but I have my doubts.

After going to the bathroom in a cup I was sent on my merry way with no lollipop or toy.. just a bandaid and a sore arm. And great news that the baby and I are healthy!

3 people shared some ♥♥♥:

Anonymous said...

Gracie,
All in all it sounds like it was a very good doctors visit. I'm glad you didn't pass out with the blood test. Did they confirm the due date as Dec. 4th, or could he/she come sooner? I carried both of my babies very low, so low that people thought I was ready to deliver at 7 months. I don't recall having to go to the bathroom any more often than other pregnant women. Showing in the front is good, it was easier for me to lose my baby weight as well I think. I wore my pre pregnancy jeans home from the hospital after having my kiddos, I only stayed one night with both deliveries.
I am excited for you and Paul. Keep the updates coming please.
Love You,
Aunt Marcy

Tammy K. said...

Grace you are so funny.
I am carrying this baby real low. I do have to go to the bathroom a lot, but you get used to it, maybe you will be like Marcy and will not have to. I hope not.
Thanks for the update.

Kasey said...

Praise the Lord!! He is good to us! Congrats! you will probably be used to a lot of new things :)